Dream Sharing Workshop
Tuesdays 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
April 9- May 14th
Walk into the world of dreams to enhance self-awareness by exploring and uncovering the many layers of meanings and messages each dream provides. A trained facilitator will teach skills for deciphering dream language in a safe, supportive space for self-reflection and group connection. Class will include didactics, research and plenty of experiential learning.
Location: Crossbridge Counseling, Crossbridge Office Park
2000 S. Winton Rd. Bldg. 4. First Floor, Brighton 14618
Facilitator: Lynn Acquafondata, LMHC, D.Min
Dates and Cost: Six weeks $160
Participants Open to the general public as well as licensed clinicians.
CEs 9 credits for 6 week class available to LMHCs and LCATs.
Registration: Call Lynn Acquafondata at 585-330-1340 or email [email protected]
$50 deposit due April 3.
Make check payable to MHCG.
Mail to: Crossbridge Counseling, 2000 S. Winton Rd. Bldg 4, Ste 200, Rochester, NY 14618.
Objectives: After this workshop participants will:
- Be able to identify multiple methods of deciphering dream language.
- Recognize, utilize and be able to teach clients ways to remember and participate in one’s own dreaming process.
- Recognize appropriate dynamics for group dream work.
- Have acquired skills in the process of assisting others to decipher their own dreams.
- Understand the differences between Freudian and Jungian dream analysis.
- Have completed a content analysis of their own dreaming.
- Be able to normalize rather than pathologize their clients’ unusual dreams through the use of language metaphor.
- Understand the unique Western cultural perspective on the topic of dreams and dreaming, and how this perspective differs in other societies. Participants will understand how these perspectives shape who we understand ourselves to be. Participants will begin to understand how we can learn from cultures different from our own.
Crossbridge Counseling is approved to provide continuing education credits for this course to LMHCs through the New York State Mental Health Counselors Association.
Kinections Creative Arts Therapies is recognized by the New York State Education’s Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for Licensed Creative Arts Therapists #CAT-0033.
Kinections is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. (ACEP™) #5767.