Ways to Build Constructive Power in Self:
· Choose to associate with friends and family members who treat you with respect.
· Limit time spent with people who are highly critical or disrespectful.
· Understand how your own race, sex, nationality, class and sexual orientation affect your power in various situations.
· Understand your role in various aspects of your life (home, work, social groups) and how that affects your choices and responses to others.
· Help people in ways that only drain you.
· Compare yourself unfavorably to others around you.
· Say mean or hurtful things to others around you.
· Expect other people to take the blame for or step forward to do things that are your responsibility.